Saturday, April 5, 2008

Goodbye Dubai



We got a little bit of a late start to the airport Friday nite but didn't think much of it (well, maybe Lynn did :), until we got there. OMG. I thought San Jose (Costa Rica) could get crazy, and China even worse, but this was total chaos. Lynn, Julie, Chris and I managed to somehow (thank you Julie) to make our way through the multiple security areas and check our bags with about 40 minutes to spare maybe. And of course it's prohibited to take pictures in the airport. Guess I'm lucky I got out of there!

Got on the plane, left about midnite, and relaxed a bit. Nice dinner, a couple of mojitos, 2 Simply Sleep tabs and I was out. I am extremely fortunate to be of the size that can put a pillow on the tray table, lay my head on it and sleep. Probably got 5 hours. Not too bad for a 15 hour flight. But my calves were screaming when I got off the plane (that dang skiing!). And we were late getting into Atlanta so I once again almost missed my flight. I figured my luggage would certainly not make it. But to my surprise, both of my bags were there in Austin.

I can't say enough about what a great experience this has been. I learned a lot and made some new friends. Came home to what I thought would be an empty house because Rick is in Dallas this weekend, only to find Kristi and Benjamin here. So that was really fun -- I got to give them both their gifts. Now I am finishing this part of my blog, considering a Myers and Diet before taking a bath and falling into bed.

Now if I can just stay awake long enough to go to bed on Central Time. It's only 4:15 and I am forcing my eyes to stay open..

Dubai was incredible. Seriously. :)

No comments: